I’m a satisfied owner of the DP12 and I was very excited to see a new feature being added to it’s already impressive roster. Ironically it is not Behringer itself adding this but an independent programmer, Momo Müller, who has developed and released a VST and Standalone Editor/Controller which allows GUI editing and automation directly inside of your DAW.
Too be fair, the DP12 is equipped with standard and USB MIDI so technically you can achieve most of this already but using a Graphic User Interface (or GUI) makes things much easier and saves lots of time versus setting up a template and looking up or “MIDI learning” CC values in the manual.
Momo has also included features that allow you to save and recall patches entirely in your DAW too. This is fantastic for those times you intend not to use those sounds with the keyboard independently and are just using them in your mixes. It’s especially useful when you are layerings multiple sounds/tracks.
It’s also great for those who just don’t like the interface of the DP12 with it’s lackluster screen and fair amount of menu diving. This is a common complaint.
Check out the specs:
- Integrate the “DeepMind 12” into your DAW.
- Direct access to parameters.
- DeepMind 12 Parameters can be automated and stored with your DAW Project.
- Save new sounds on the “DeepMind 12” and the editor settings as VST Presets (.fxp)
in the DAW.
- With the X-Y-Pads, all Parameters can be selected and controlled.
- VST and Standalone for PC 32/64 Bit and Mac as VST, AU and Standalone.
Pricing and Availability
Check it out as well as the plethora of other editors here: